Saturday, August 05, 2006

A weekend in the life of me

It's in the 80's so I can think straight, once again. Austin got his cast off on Thursday. Now comes the task of keeping a 5 year old from running, skating, biking, scooteringing, fighting, wrestling, jumping...... Yeah right! Especially the fighting and wrestling stuff. the doctor said no falling or wrestling or contact sports for 2 weeks. We've barely survived 2 days so far. The kid is board and picks fights with his brother. Hunter is done to the point he'll just fight now. Kind of embarassing in the middle of t-ball.

Oh, yes, T-Ball. Austin shouldn't be playing, but the way these kids and their team play I figured it was safe. Every hit is a bunt. At one point our 2nd baseman was lying down with her hat covering her face so she could "nap", Hunter was crouched down looking for worms or bugs, Austin was watching the other game in the field next to us, another little boy was in line with the opposite team waiting for his turn to bat, one was throwing spare balls in the air, and one was trying to play, the other 3 just didn't show. Let me tell you, come snack time, they are all focused.

Mike has been working a thousand hours a week and is so far away. He's way over by Danville and has been staying there Tuesday and Thursday nights. I guess I'm in training for hunting season which is right around the corner. Anyway, he had to work today, so he stayed Thursday and Friday night. Lucky me, I was able to get friends to agree for over night sitting at their house and I went to Danville to meet Mike.

We went out for some Italian. big mistake, we were both stuffed and so garlicy that kissing and making out was like sucking on a garlic clove. So romantic. We did get to catch up on some talking without kids interuppting, and watch TV without having it as loud as it gets. I even got to sleep by 10pm. Mike was up and out of there by 6 and I was out of there by 7 to get home, get the kids and take them to T-Ball by 9:30. Not quite the romantic getaway. I'm not dissapointed though, just feeling a little old.

One good thing was that on the long drive I got to listen to my iPod, whatever I wanted to listen to and actually hear it! That was a bonus. Peacefull, pleasant, sometimes rockin'. Then I get to Pat and Jen's and I can hear the kids arguing through the open window. Back to reality, but it made me smile anyway.

Have to say, the fighting drives me crazy, but hearing those kids not be afraid to have input and speak up for themselves makes me proud. I was always encouraged to speak my mind and that kids are people too. I'm glad my boys have that. Now if they would learn to express the happy stuff as much as the what is bothering them stuff, that would be the cherry on top.

thinking about scrapping. Since Mike is working and the kids are bushed from the oh so tiring and athletic exercise of T-Ball... I'm going to finish cleaning the house and get a little work done so tonight I can scrap. Let's see if that really happens, but's it's my goal for the today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.