Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Maintaining It or Losing It? How About a Little Pick Me Up?

I've been doing Weight Watchers, but really, just trying to change my eating habits all together. I've been doing pretty good, if I may say so myself. I've lost my 5%, and working it on down to my 10%. Well, I reached my 5% on Monday, and so, for those of you who don't know WW, you then set a new goal. I set my next goal at my 10% from the starting weight. Now, I looves my WW app on my iPhone. With the new plan it make it possible to stay on track. I would be lost without my app. The problem is, I have to use it. And I haven't. Since Monday, I lapsed in to the lazy zone.

Well today I went to my handy dandy app to get back on track and my daily points target changed from 29 to 35?? What, I can eat more now? What's up with that? I looked everywhere to figure out why I suddenly had 6 extra points. Sometimes I find it hard to meet the 29 points, so I wasn't overly ecstatic about it. I finally broke down and called their 800#. Crapola, when I met my 1st goal, it switched me to maintenance mode, instead of weight loss mode. Hmph! My app failed me.

Well, I've been maintaining for a few weeks. It seems every weekend there was some party or something to celebrate, the shower, Audrey's party.... So although I did great through out the week, I was getting it all back on a party day. At least it was a minor loss every week, .2, .3... You get the drift. That last 1.5 pounds to my 5% took forever. But I made it, and now I'm back on track. I think.


Speaking of points... I made tiramisu for the 1st time. I actually made 2. #1 was with the regular savoiardi cookies and I think I overly doused them in the espresso, it was a bit soggy, but all the flavor was there. The 2nd one I used 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 vanilla savoiardi cookies and it was perfect! So much work, I tell you. But it was fun, and now I know, less liquid is better. Mike was lovin' it. He's the one that kept bugging me to make it. I know I won't get too points crazy, because I don't care for tiramisu too much. It's good, but overly rich for my taste. Give me a baguette any day over a piece or tiramisu.

Tonight, London Broil slow cooked in a delectable mushroom sauce, with fresh herbs over risotto, and .... hmmmm ... asparagus? Surprisingly low in points the way I prepared it. I'm eating some baguette with it, since I ran a lot this morning.

Now, off to drop the boys at church and to pick up some fresh bread and asparagus.

No comments: