Thursday, April 20, 2006

My soundtrack

Do you ever sit there and wonder if you were in a movie, what song would be playing at that moment? I sometimes have a song in my mind, and decide I need to act out the song. Not really act out the words or the story of the song, but instead act the way the song makes me feel, or feel like doing. I have the UB40 song "Here I Am Baby" stuck in my head, and I feel like putting on make-up, opening the windows, or just being loud. Like, hey notice me. Not because I feel like I need to be noticed, but because the songs makes me want to be loud and silly and, for a lack of a better word, sexy. Sexy, not really going with loud and silly, but you know... Or maybe you don't.

Ofcourse, maybe "American Idiot" by Green Day fits me better on the average day. Last week it was "She Works Hard For The Money".

I do think about this quite often. I love music. I love how it makes me feel. I love to day dream to music. I can't do much without it. More often than not, the TV is on in this house, and honestly, I would love to just turn up the toons and turn off the TV. However, between cartoon, the news and poker (basically, all the boy shows) I get little music time. So happy to work at home!

So as I sit here thinking about music, I think what would be on my soundtrack? Hmmmm? Iv'e changed my soundtrack often. This week it is all alternative 80's, with a few newer tunes. Next week it could be Country or Big Band. Hip-Hop, well that is all Austin right now. He's so in to break dancing. However, he is wearing a baseball hat with a skull on it and a CBGB tee. Can't get much cooler than that.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

I totally think of things like that too -- Like I wonder what the soundtrack of today would be!!

Hey great minds think alike right? :)