Monday, December 04, 2006

Happy belated Turkey Day!

Well, what did you all do for turkey day, besides eat too much? This is what we did. We ate too much. Oh wait, besides that. Well, we went to Lake Tahoe, ate too much, watched tv, ate too much, played in the tiny bit of snow we had, ate too much, gambled, ate too much, and uhhhh we ate too much. So much I gained 3 pounds over the long weekend. LOL It was a great time, being surrounded by family. So much to be thankful for this year. I'd bore you with the list, but I'll spare you. It's the same as everyones, and just as heart felt and meaningful.

Someone I am very thankful for in my life, isn't really a person, although he is a part of our family. Dear Jake. He's getting up in his years and having trouble walking. I'm so thankful to work at home. Without that, I'm sure he'd be in so much pain with the cold weather. He falls down about everytime we walks, but he's still puppy brains. He can run, if you want to give him some food or a treat. He'll run to get in the door everytime it opens. But, he'll also fall every time. I love having him at my feet all day as I work. He's a good old man, and a great friend. We're so blessed to have had him as long as we have, and hopefully next Thanksgiving I will be thankful that he is still with us.


And now that Thanksgiving is over, you know who the next visitor is, right? Yes, Santa Claus is coming to town.

The boys love this big old Santa. If you look close, you can see we still have Halloween bat clings in the windows. Yes, we like to blend all our happy holidays together, and have when big party, all year long. I love the season, but am not quite feeling like Christmas is around the corner yet. I'm just going through the motions. Usually by now I'm just in to it hardcore, but right now, I'm just taking the gift buying one event at a time. I haven't even written a single Christmas card. Hopefully I will get the bug soon. I hear it's contagious.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

OMGosh I openned up the page while Ian was standing here and he was in hog heaven seeing the walker in the snow!! Cute photo!!