Sunday, April 22, 2007

Tae Kwon DON'T

This is where I would normally have some cute picture of my kids. But there are none. Well....there are tons, just none related to this story. See the boys went last Saturday for their 1st Tae Kwon Do lesson. I figured, the camera could stay home until they get to don the cute little pajama uniforms with the belt and all. Smart school, they start off with 2 free private lessons to provide an intro for the kids, then they assess what class level the little ones should be in. I believe it is to assess the instructor's patience level with kindergarteners.

1st lesson, teen pimple black belt learns no matter how much he has mastered his mind and body, he was no where close to prepared for the Marcoccia boys. Uh, not even a smidgeon close to prepared. 10,000 Star Wars questions before they hit the mat. Twin A punching teacher out of turn, as teacher was looking at Twin B. Twin B performs upright epileptic fit, which he truly believed were jumping jacks. Twin A spin kicking in the air, when there was to be no kicking in the lesson. Twin B going to the restroom and leaving the door open for all to watch. Twin A closing the door on Twin B without turning on the lights, leading into Twin B screaming bloody murder fit (much like jumping jacks without a smile).

Results were, "Boys, you have one more chance for next Wednesday. You need to learn in the next week how to focus, answer always with 'Yes Sir' or 'No Sir', no talking out of turn and listen to my instructions." Teen pimple black belt turns to me, "Ma'am, your boys will need to learn some discipline and focus before next weeks visit, or they will not be able to return". Mom: "Why in the heck do you think I brought them here?" (Exact words, question left unanswered).

Sooo, Wednesday I am flying to Chicago and you better believe my camera is going with me. Mike is taking the boys, but I can't find the charger for the old camera. In otherwords, there may be no pictures of the boys being told to Tae Kwon DON'T.

2 comments:

The Mom said...

OMG this made me laugh so hard cause I can totally see Ian in your boys (and he could have asked 10,000 Star Wars questions all by himself!!)

Good luck to them!!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Priceless!
Teen pimple..........LOL

Of course you can link me.......I'd love it! I will link you too!