Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Overwhelmed, yet?

Anyone else feeling the stress of the holidays? AAAAHHH!! I'm totally losing it. Lucky for me, I have 5 year olds, who believe it or not are keeping me grounded. If it wasn't for them, the Christmas Spirit would have never found me this year.

The boys are so fun to watch. They so believe in the MAGIC of Christmas. I love to see the joy and excitement in their eyes when anything Christmas related is going on. This age is amazing, and I just can't get enough of them.

I have had quite enough, however, of Christmas preparations. And I have not done very much, let me tell you. Work is busy, because I plan on taking the last week of December off. So, I work twice as hard to make that happen. Shopping is hard because I have boys from 11am on, and most stores don't even open until 10. Being in the boonies, it takes me 1/2 an hour from any store to get to the boys school. So basically, that is 30 minutes of shopping. I can't even get through a line that fast. So, if I can't get it at Raley's, I'm just not getting it.

Lucky for me, pretty much most of my shopping is done. I will need to hit Target one more time, and Hollister in San Jose and I'm all finished. Still waiting with chewed on nails, for some online deliveries to be received. That's always a crap shoot. So far, they have all been shipped and in transit. So far, that is, except for 2. The 2 most time sensitive ones. Don't think about it... don't think about it.... don't think about it.

My biggest stress, however, is completing projects. I had the clever idea of spending a few hundred dollars on supplies to make many home made gifts this year. LOL What the hell was I thinking????? Somebody shoot me. I have made, let me count..... Uhhhhhh, and there was, oh and don't forget that, let me carry the one, and...... yeah, a big ONE, uno, 1!!! And that was only because it was for my mom and her husband and we celebrated our Christmas already. UGH!!! I still have 2 calendars and several poppets to make. Oh, and a mini-book. Uh, and a another mini-book. Um, and an altered frame with the kids' help. Wait make that 2. Did I forget anything? Oh, yeah, more poppets!!!! So, if anyone knows of a hired glue stick with excellent trimming abilities, please send them my way. Make sure the tetanus shots are current because with all the holiday chaos, my house is definately suffering.

So, there are 2 full weekends before Christmas, right? Well, dumb me let Mike be the social planner this year. So last Friday was a company Christmas Party. Sat morning to early evening it was a family party in Twain Hart. Wonderful! Then straight from there to a birthday party in the neighborhood. Basically, I was out of the house from 9am to 10:30 pm. Sunday? Well, that was Christmas celebration day with dear Mumsey. This weekend we will leave early for San Jose to make the rounds to visit the famiglia. Yup Friday in to Saturday. But wait, we need to be home in time for a dinner party at a friends in Lodi. Yup, and don't drink too much because all of Sunday will be sent in Grizzly Flats freezing in the snow to visit the Fiedlers. Honestly, I'm looking forward to that one the most. shhhh. Next week I work all week, and Dad will be coming on the 20th to the 23rd. Did I mention I work in the kids class on Monday and for their holiday party on Tuesday. I'm in the office all day Wednesday for my dept Christmas party, and staff meeting. Wait, the boys have Thursday and Friday off??? Oh, goody, just in time to spend the night Saturday to Sunday in San Francisco with other friends, and to buy the crab for Christmas eve dinner that I am preparing!! Next year, I'm hanging with the Kranks and going on a Cruise. Either that, or take away all planning priveledges from my dear husband.

So, if anyone is all ready for Christmas, either come be my personal assistant, or just come on over to watch the freak show. Becareful of the dust bunnies, though, they sometimes bite.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

HUGS!! Hope you get everything done that you want to. I totally feel the same way, if it wasn't for Ian being excited for Christmas I may just cancel it this year!!