Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006 Goals


I'm in much need of organization. My #1 2006 resolution is to organize my life. I'll start by organizing my home. I started organizing my scrap space, since I can't get any scrapping done. I have the top of my scrap table organized, but now I need to tackle some embellishment, paper and picture organization. I'm also tackling my home closets and cabinets. Out with the old to make room for the new. I don't know how my home ever got this way. As a teenager and young adult my stuff was so organized it was almost creepy. Then came kids, and then having stuff out of site is all I needed to feel like my house was clean. Problem is I risk major head injuries everytime I open a cupboard or closet. So, I started with my scrap space, bill filing to prepare for taxes and next will be my kids closet. They got so much for Christmas that I really need to make space for the goodies by getting rid of the no longer played with toys. They also wear clothes that are floods or have holes when they have so many things still hanging with the store tags. So let's see how far I get.

Weight loss. Yes, it's the old standard New Year's Resolution. Last year I wanted to lose 35 pounds. I lost 15, but gained back a bit. I'm now 10 pounds lighter than 01/01/05. Back to Weight Watcher's I must go. I mean Hawaii is only 2 and a half months away and I'm no where near decent bathing suit weight. Oh, well. It's a long term goal and I'll take baby steps. Hey, I didn't gain it all in 6 months or even a year. My goal will be to lose 10 pounds before Hawaii. Let's see how that goes. Then I will make a "by summer" goal, and finish with a "by my birthday" goal.

I also have scrapping goals. 1 layout per week or 4 a month. That will be more achievable once I finally get my scrap space workable. Mini books will count as 2 layouts as long as they are for me, and not for gifts. Maybe this way I will get some albums caught up and some of those pictures out of boxes.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the weight loss!! Let's inspire each other!! I know you can do it, the question is.....can I?

Anonymous said...

Way to go girlfriend!!!! I agree with Audrey - Let's inspire each other on the weight loss thing! I'm into my 3rd day and holding . .